Thursday, October 01, 2009

I've got a good kid.


That's really what it all comes down to. I may get frustrated with her distractibility and with how slowly she can move in the morning. I may wish that she cleaned up after herself better or that she was a little more diligent about finishing projects, but the truth is I wish I did these things better. I may wish she didn't act like so much of a know-it-all at moments — and I know there are people who would say the same about me. I may wish she was a little better team player at times, but I also can't really fault her for following her own muse when it strikes her.

In the end, what it really comes down to is that I have a good kid. She does what she's told most of the time. She has rolled with some pretty strong punches over the years and come out a healthy, smart, loving, fun kid. She's not perfect, but then I'm not a perfect parent. I'm not sure I'd have it any other way really.

Just musing... your regularly scheduled programming will resume shortly.