Thursday, June 04, 2009

two hours


It takes two hours for us to get up and out of the door in the morning. Whether Buttercup takes a shower or whether I end up having to tackle the tail end of some leftover chore, we will leave the house in two hours. Whether we wake up on time between 6:00 and 6:10 or somewhere closer to 6:30, it will take us almost exactly two hours to get out the door. If I think we're beating the clock, somehow we still end up leaving almost exactly two hours after we get up and moving. Strangely, we still usually make it out the door at the two hour mark even on the mornings when Buttercup sleeps in until almost 7:00. The comic and sad part is that I still get frustrated when we're running late.

Like many other things in life, I suspect things would be easier if I just accepted this as a truism and built my routine and schedule around it. Logically, this would make far more sense than trying to fight it.