Friday, April 24, 2009

Customer Service, how not to do it...

Yesterday, my Richmond Times-Dispatch was not on my doorstep when I woke up. Whether I was missed or it was stolen, there's no telling. I called the circulation department and registered my complaint with the auto phone system. Lo and behold, my doorbell rang half an hour later, and the paper was handed to me.

This morning, I woke to find this note wrapped around my paper:



The note would be one thing. One thing, that is, if the carrier hadn't then called me at 6:45 to make sure I got the note and understood I should call him in the future. Granted the carrier is a contractor, but this doesn't exactly strike me as customer-friendly behavior.

Lord knows I wouldn't have gotten away with anything like that when I was delivering papers in the early 1980s.