Monday, June 11, 2007

The pink won.

Banana's room is now pink. Very pink. PMS 236.

I taped out the doors, windows, and faceplates, primed over the painted samples, and laid the dropcloth on Saturday before meeting friends for a dads night out. Good thing I did too, because I had to force myself out of bed in the morning.

Anyway, I had a few hours to do it before Banana mere was to drop Banana off.

The first wall went well, except for a one bump of the roller against the untaped ceiling. I also realized that I should have gone for the better brushes rather than the low-end brushes I had chosen. Getting a decent line along the ceiling was more of a task than it should have been. The walls went fairly quickly along the drywall surfaces. When I got to the nubbly plaster, door, and windows things slowed some. Nevertheless, there was just enough left when Banana got there for her to help on the last few surfaces--her room is a funky shape.

The payoff came that night when I pulled the tape off and moved everything back into the room during her bath. She went into her room to get her nightgown, and I found her there standing in the middle of the room, grinning broadly and giggling.

It's good to be Daddy.