Friday, April 20, 2007

Wal-Mart is Hell

I've known this for years. In fact, I can't remember the last time I actually entered and bought something at a Wal-Mart. Well, in the aftermath of the shooting, I received a WM giftcard. I'd been trying to figure out what to do with it until last night when we landed in Ohio, and I realized we had no car seat for my mother's Quattro.

This morning I buzzed over to the local Superstore for a quick trip to pick up a booster seat, a couple of movies I'd promised Banana, and a few odds and ends. It was supposed to be a quick trip. Supposed to be.

More than an hour later, I'd finally tracked everything down. The silly part: I still have a $5.12 balance on the giftcard.

I will add this: I'd forgotten how surly WM employees can be--especially when they're bitching in front of customers.